Friday, November 11, 2011

An unexpected letter and New Fabric Friday

So after my blog post yesterday, which yes was kinda whiney, I got a letter from home in the mail today! And with it a little money.  So what's a girl to do with it? That's right I got on the Appalcart and took the orange route straight to my local quilt shop! *The Appalcart is the bus system in Boone for Appalachian students and locals goes all over the place* Once there I saw they were having a sale on their fat quarters. So I got 4 new fat quarters. And they also sell grab bags of fabric that is normally their remnants, a nice mix of fabrics, a yard or so of fabric for 3 dollars. Sadly they didn't have those today, but they did have a bag of one and a half inch wide strips, and its guaranteed to be a yard and a half of fabric for 3 dollars. There were 38 strips in the bag, so I feel like I got a very interesting honey bun for 3 dollars. Needless to say I'm extremely excited and can't wait to use them.  Thanks Mom and Dad!

The bag of Strips



The fabric strips laid out from the bag, I was pleased with how pretty they were. 



My new fat quarters, these are Soooo Pretty




My fat quarters and the strips rolled up like a honey bun


 
So this is one of the fat quarters, I got it because it was 1.25 and extremely interesting....
But i'm not sure if I love it or hate it.

Anyways, its been a pretty good day, a New Fabric Friday!
Did anybody else get any new fabric recently that they're excited about?

No comments:

Post a Comment