Sunday, November 20, 2011

Going Home for Thanksgiving!

Its been a busy weekend.  Yesterday for my Women in American Society class we had to attend a cultural event.  It was at the Hickory Ridge living history museum.  It turned out to be pretty cool experience. I really wanted to take some pictures to post on here but my phone which is the only camera I have, was broken.  We got to make beeswax candles and corn husk dolls. I also tried rabbit, which was ok. It really does taste like chicken.  But other than that we got to see them making nails and stuff in the blacksmiths shop, shoot muskets, throw tomahawk, and try to start a fire using flint. It was an entertaining afternoon.

This is the corn husk doll that I made

Ok so I also said that I would post about projects that i'm excited about starting.
Funky pot holders- a chance to try out some new block ideas
Coasters- more embroidery practice or based solely on the quilting design
Pencil roll up- Christmas presents anybody?
A manly laptop sleeve- a very big challenge
The chevron quilt along- I need to get the background fabric so I can start making my blocks.
And The  ornament swap i'm signed up for- need to get some supplies and get started


So these are a few of the projects I want to start working on the wonderful thing is this list is constantly increasing!
Oh yeah and I got my bus ticket so I'm heading home for Thanksgiving! I'll have a whole week home!




No comments:

Post a Comment