Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Back in Boone...with a Christmas Tree!

My Tree! white with blue lights just like my grandmothers used to be.
I made the topper last night i'm going to do something prettier for it later on.

So I took a break from posting while I was home for thanksgiving. It was a really great week I got to spend some good time with my family. Thanksgiving was great. I did do the crazy black Friday shopping with my sisters and cousins. We started at midnight and went until 7 am Friday morning. I did get some good deals but for the most part we did it more for the experience than anything else. Sunday was my oldest sister's birthday she turned 30. For her birthday part of her present I gave her a fabric covered canvas that I embroidered her new motto onto, and a couple of other things.

the design for it I made it on paint


However, my shopping on Saturday was all about saving. My mother and I went shopping at Joann's (it may be called Joann, but I'm spelling the way I say it).  I got soooo much fabric it was fantastic. Then we went to our local quilt shop in Fayetteville, its called Quilt N'Tiques, for small business Saturday. The ladies who work there are so nice. They don't carry the type of fabric I'm usually into (they mostly carry civil war reprints) but they did have some very pretty fat quarters. And they had a sale on old quilt magazines, patterns, and books. I went through and picked out some that were interesting, my mom bought them for my stocking! Oh and I did a little cyber Monday shopping at Missouri Star Quilt Co. I am stocked up for Christmas, it's great! 

I finally got the fabric to start on the quilt I'm making for my father for christmas. it is The chasing chevrons quilt a long from that girl...that quilt. And so I have gotten all half square triangles made and four blocks out of sixty done.

          
I chose a red and grey theme so that hopefully it'll be pretty and guy-ish.

Oh, and I also got an iron from my mom! So now I don't have to use my flat iron on anything for my hair! Super exciting times. and it looks like I'm in a snow-globe when I look outside my window!


Just for Fun





No comments:

Post a Comment