Monday, November 7, 2011

Getting Started on Christmas

So, this is something I know I oughta be ashamed to admit, but I just started working on this season's Christmas presents last night. I know this means that i will now be finishing up these
gifts December 24. But I do have a plan of what I'm making for everybody so maybe I can make it go quicker.

I have finished my first gift of the season! This is a Journal Cover for any spiral notebook. The idea was inspired by Roslyn Mirrington of Bloom's tutorial on Moda Bake Shop.





So at first I wasn't sure what design I wanted to do for the Journal cover so I just played around with a couple of charm squares until I got the block I wanted for the center.









So, I currently do not have an iron... for the rest of the project I used my flat iron to press the seams. I don't recommend it.




This was the block I decided to applique on the cover.





The inside cover, with flaps to keep the notebook in



The front and back of the cover


And the finished Journal Cover!



I'm happy with the finished project and its a good start on my Christmas gifts.
:)
Oh and in other news I got a 97 on my paper for my Women in American History class! Yay



3 comments:

  1. Looks good, thanks for sharing;o) Congrats on the paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh a FLAT IRON to quilt!! hahahha! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah thanks. it was not the most fun but it got the job done

    ReplyDelete