Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Well there aren't anymore official Works in Progress Wednesday until after the holidays but here's the unofficial scoop on whats going on in my dorm room....

I have dad's quilt top done I followed That girl...that quilt's  Chasing chevrons quilt-a-long
I went a little crazy this weekend and made 60 blocks in a day and a half....then the next day sewed them to rows and yesterday completed the quilt top.

However when I laid the blocks out in the design that Mrs. Jennifer at That girl...that quilt gave us, it just didn't look right with the colors I chose.  So I took the other option and made my own layout, now i'm done with that and just have to quilt it.

The five colors i'm using on my TV tray turned ironing board

The original layout, I've seen others in this layout but mine was just too random to pull off a random pattern as well.

My fancy-smancy layout...

Yay! the quilt top finished...its supposed to a throw but it would actually fit a twin bed perfectly.

I didn't have enough space in my room to layout the quilt top for pictures, so I took it to the third floor lobby
...right as a cop comes walking around the corner to investigate the room
 that always has the funny smelling smoke coming out of it... but that's Appalachian 

So since I decided I didn't want to baste and quilt the Chasing Chevrons quilt last night, I got working on another present.

its another binder cover with wonky blocks....



A wonderful tutorial for these blocks can be found at Sew We Quilt, currently my favorite quilting blog




Binder cover top is done now it just needs to be quilted

So I have gotten so work done this week...but i realized last night my Christmas ornament swap needs to be sent out on Friday, so that my next project will be getting that done and sent out!  
I will leave ya'll with this as we realize how close Christmas is actually getting.....



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the ornaments and other gifts, Olivia! I love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...you're welcome I hope you'll enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Olivia! Have you received your ornament from the swap? I believe yours was mailed on Dec. 9, so let me know if you have received, and I'll updated you on the list. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete